Blue Cheese Brioche Burgers
The ultimate juicy beef burger served on a buttery brioche bun. Blue cheese and pickled onions play off one another for a delicious flavor match-up you’ll go back to again and again.
- 4 Brioche Burger Buns, lightly toasted
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 lb. ground beef
- 4 oz. blue cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 tsp. whole grain mustard, optional
- baby salad greens, for garnish
1. Bring the red wine vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour this brine over the onion slices and let “pickle” while you prepare the burgers.
2. Shape the ground beef into 4 burgers. Broil, fry or grill the burgers to desired doneness. About 2 minutes before the burgers are done, place a slice of blue cheese on top of each and let the heat melt it slightly.
3. Drain the vinegar from the onions, and discard. Spread the bottom of each brioche burger bun with mustard, if desired. Place the burgers on the buns, top each with pickled onions and garnish with salad greens.