Waffles au Chocolat
Inspired by a favorite French snack, this delicious Nutella-stuffed waffle is quick, easy and perfect for breakfast, weekend brunches and after-school treats. Try filling them with sliced bananas (always a winning pairing with Nutella), sliced strawberries or chopped nuts.
- 8 Brioche slices
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) Nutella® hazelnut spread
- water, for brushing
- (optional) toppings: whipped cream, sliced strawberries, chopped nuts
1. Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat the iron according to the manufacturer’s directions.
2. Trim the crusts from the brioche slices and discard. Place 4 slices on a clean work surface and spoon 2 tablespoons of Nutella® onto the center of each brioche slice. Then spread Nutella® over the slice, leaving a ¼-inch border around the edges. Lightly brush the brioche edges with water. Top with the 4 remaining brioche slices.
3. Cook the Nutella sandwiches in the waffle iron 30 seconds, or until crisp and golden brown.